|If you visit on Sunday morning ...
- Sunday School classes are available for all ages starting at 9:30 am.
- The adult education class generally functions a group discussion guided by the teacher. Attendees are invited and encouraged to participate with questions and comments, but we welcome you simply to come and observe silently as well. Classes have included both theological studies (such as The Doctrine of the Church) and book studies (such as the Book of Daniel).
If you visit on Tuesday evening ...
Prayer Meeting and Bible Study
- Sunday morning worship begins at 11:00 am.
- A nursery is provided for mothers with nursing children. No unattended children are allowed. You will find several comfortable chairs, and cribs
- Child care is provided during worship for children up to and including age four.
- We strongly encourage the participation of children of all ages in our worship service as a vital aspect of their spiritual nurture. Young children do bring a certain amount of extra "volume" to the worship service, but we joyfully accept this as a normal part of family participation in congregational worship.
- Our worship services include a time of corporate congregational prayer. Often members of the congregation will be asked to pray publically during this time. If you come as a visitor, you will not be asked to pray.
- We use a variety of instruments in worship, but we intentionally emphasize the singing of the gathered congregation rather than a performance atmosphere. Occasionally, we omit the use of instruments simply to hear Spirit using our voices together in an audible display of the harmony of our faith in Christ.
- An offering is taken during the worship service. It is intended as a time for church members to worship through giving. If you are visiting with us, please feel absolutely no obligation to contribute to the offering.
- Our preaching is grounded on the authority of Scripture and is prayerfully planned to focus attention upon the glory of God revealed in Jesus Christ, crucified and risen from the dead. If you do not have a copy of the Scriptures with you when you visit, please feel free to ask an usher.
- The service usually concludes shortly after noon, but the prayers, music, or sermon occasionally require more or less time.
- You are invited to join us every week at 7:30 pm on Tuesday evenings for a time of evening devotion.
- We alternate between prayer meeting and Bible study every other week (i.e., one week is prayer meeting, the next is Bible study, etc.)
- During Pray meeting and Bible study, we generally read and pray aloud together. However, you are welcome to participate silently. You are not be obligated or expected to pray aloud or to read the Scriptures if you are not comfortable doing so.
- Generally, our Bible study and prayer meetings conclude around 8:45 pm, but conversation and fellowship sometimes continue until shortly after 9:00 pm. Please feel free to come or leave whenever necessary.
- The nursery is available for use, but no child care is provided during our Tuesday evening meetings.